Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
Electrical Installation Condition Report
Electrical Certification - Landlord EICR Certificate
What Is an EICR?
An EICR is a thorough inspection of your wiring and electrical systems. It is done to ensure that your property is safe and not at risk of electrical fire, shock risk or any other danger. Most electrical fires in the UK are caused by old or faulty wiring. An EICR will help you minimise this risk.
Why Do I Need an EICR?
If you are a landlord, you are legally required to appoint a qualified person to check your electrical systems every 5 years. You will need to obtain a copy of the results of the test and give this to the tenant within 28 days.
New regulations state that you must supply a new tenant with a satisfactory EICR prior to the tenant moving in. If you already have tenants, you must now supply them with a satisfactory EICR report.
What Will Happen during an EICR?
An EICR will:
- Identify if any of your electrical circuits are overloaded.
- Highlight any potential electric shock risks.
- Detect any defective electrical work.
- Pinpoint any lack of earthing or bonding.
What Happens after Testing?
When testing is complete, your electrical system will be labelled satisfactory, or unsatisfactory. If it is unsatisfactory, it will fall under one of three categories:
- C1 Danger Present – There is a risk of injury and immediate remedial action is required.
- C2 Potentially Dangerous – There are issues that require urgent remedial action.
- C3 Improvement Recommended – There are no dangers but improvements are needed.
Once these issues have been corrected, you will receive a certificate showing you that your electrical systems are safe to use.
When Do I Need to Get an EICR?
You should get your home checked for electrical safety every 10 years. If you are a landlord, you are legally obligated to get your rental property checked every 5 years.
If you would like to arrange an EICR or Energy Performance Certificate with Energy Certs, please purchase a package below.
Why Choose Us ?
- We Cover All Inner London Postcodes Within The M25.
- Highly Recommended - 4.9/5 Rating On REVIEWS.io
- Orders Can Be Placed Online Fast & Secure 24/7.
- Arrange An Electrical Survey With 24 Hours.
- We Can Also Coordinate Directly With Your Tenants, Agent Or Vendor To Organise An Inspection Appointment.
- Our Normal Delivery Time Is Currently Between 2-3 Working Days.
- Buy With Confidence, All Payments Are Secure & Protected.
- A Confirmation Email Assures That The Order Has Been Received And That The Order Is Correct.
- We Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Carry Out an EICR?
EICRs can only be performed by a registered electrician.
Is an Electrical Installation Certificate the Same As an EICR?
Period inspection and fixed wire testing have been replaced by the EICR, as they both do the same thing.
How Long Does an EICR Test Take?
The average EICR will take around 3 to 4 hours to complete, although it may take longer if you have a larger property with a higher number of circuits to test.
How Long Is an EICR Valid For?
If you have purchased a property with a valid EICR, you will not need to get another one until 5 years have passed from when it was performed.
Are Landlords Responsible for Electrical Problems?
Yes, the landlord is responsible for all electric, water and gas problems, and will need to rectify these.
Do you require a Commercial EPC?
If you would like to arrange an EICR with Energy Certs, please purchase a package above. At Energy Certs we cover the whole of London and all surrounding areas. If you are in search of a different calculation or energy performance certificate please explore the other packages below. Please feel free to get in touch for any questions.