New Build L1A, Conversion L1B & Overglazed Extension
SAP Calculations & New Build EPC
SAP Calculations For Design Stage & As Build EPC For Building Control Compliance.
Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations are required by building regulations on all new build dwellings, converted dwellings and some extensions. A SAP rating is based on a calculation which is between 1 to 100+, with 1 being an extremely inefficient home whilst a score of over 100 would mean the dwelling is a net exporter of regulated energy.
The SAP calculations use a rating based on estimated fuel costs and energy consumption. These are calculated based on the construction, heating system, lighting and any renewable technologies that are used.
SAP calculations help to work out the EPC rating for a property.
In order to work these out, we will need:
- Elevation drawings.
- Sectional drawings of the dwelling.
- Details of the ventilation systems.
- Details of any secondary heating system.
- Details of the main heating and hot water system.
- Details of internal and external lighting.
- Details of the construction of all different floors and insulation installed.
- Details of the external floors and insulation installed.
- Details of the different roofs and insulation installed.
Do I Need a SAP Calculation?
SAP calculations are required by building regulations for all new residential developments, conversions and some extensions. You may also need a SAP calculation for conservatories, barn conversions and commercial to domestic conversions.
When Do I Need a Sap Calculation?
At the design stage, building control will require a design stage SAP calculation to be submitted with a building regulations application. We can review your plans and make recommendations. We can provide guidance and advise you on design and compliance. We can also assist with u-value calculations and predicted energy certificate.
When the build is finished, we can finalise the SAP calculation and create an Energy Performance Certificate. We will provide all of these documents which can then be passed on to a building control officer to sign off.
Why Choose Us ?
- We Cover The Whole Of The United Kingdom.
- Highly Recommended - 4.9/5 Rating On REVIEWS.io
- Orders Can Be Placed Online Fast & Secure 24/7.
- Expert SAP Assessors
- Our Normal Delivery Time Is Currently Between 7 - 10 Working Days.
- Buy With Confidence, All Payments Are Secure & Protected.
- A Confirmation Email Assures That The Order Has Been Received And That The Order Is Correct.
- We Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a SAP Calculation?
SAP is the government's methodology for calculating the energy performance of dwellings.
Does Every Extension Require a SAP Calculation?
If the glazing accounts for no more than 25% of the new floor area, then you can continue without any additional calculations.
How Long Is a SAP EPC Valid For?
A full SAP is valid for 10 years.
Do You Need an EPC for a New Build?
Any new dwelling or converted dwelling is required to have SAP calculations.
How Much Glass Can I Have in My Extension?
The glass area must not exceed 25% of the overall floor area.
What Is the Difference between SAP and RdSAP?
A SAP is the methodology used to produce the certificate for new build homes whilst a Reduced Data Standard Assessment Procedure (RdSAP) is the methodology used to produce a certificate for an existing home.
Do you require a SAP Calculation?
If you would like to book SAP calculations in London or an Energy Performance Certificate with Energy Certs, purchase a package above. At Energy Certs we cover the whole of London and all surrounding areas. If you are wish to learn more, please feel free to contact us with any questions.