Simplified Building Energy Model

(SBEM) New Build L2A, Conversion & Extension L2B



SBEM Calculation


All Payments Are Secure & Protected.

SBEM Calculations (Simplified Building Energy Model) Compliance Building Regulations Part L.

Area Size
Please choose square footage
  Buy now
We offer:
We offer payment cardsWe offer PayPal

SBEM energy performance certificate provider in London and UK. Warehouse aerial image.What Is SBEM?

Non-residential properties in the UK need to show how energy efficient they are. An SBEM will help building control and project managers show prospective owners how much energy use can be expected.

An SBEM will calculate the monthly energy usage and carbon emissions of a building based on its size, orientation, geometry, construction and systems. It is a government approved methodology to work out the energy needed to heat, cool and light a non-residential property.

An SBEM will work in line with BER/TER or carbon emission targets and ensure your building is compliant and safe. If you are overseeing the construction of a non-residential new build, conversion or extension then a SBEM is invaluable.

An SBEM will work with a Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) and National Calculation Methodology (NCM) to ensure all readings are correct and accurate.

Why Do I Need an SBEM?

SBEM calculations are required for all newly built industrial and commercial structures. Without one, you won't be able to start construction on your site.

At the design stage, building control will need a design stage SBEM calculation to be submitted with a building regulations application. Without the SBEM calculation, building control will not allow the project to begin.

When construction is complete, building control will require an as-built stage SBEM calculation and EPC. Without this, building control will not provide approval.

It is also possible to undertake a DSM (Dynamic Simulation Modelling) on new commercial buildings which will provide you with better accuracy and flexibility, particularly for large and complex builds.

If you would like to book an SBEM, EICR or Energy Performance Certificate with Energy Certs, please purchase a package here.

   Why Choose Us? 

  • We Cover The Whole Of The United Kingdom.
  • Highly Recommended - 4.9/5 Rating On
  • Orders Can Be Placed Online Fast & Secure 24/7.
  • Expert SBEM Assessors
  • Our Normal Delivery Time Is Currently Between 5 - 10 Working Days.
  • Buy With Confidence, All Payments Are Secure & Protected.
  • A Confirmation Email Assures That The Order Has Been Received And That The Order Is Correct.
  • We Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay.


Frequently Asked Questions

What Is a BRUKL Report?

A Building Regulation UK Part L (BRUKL) report specifies predicted energy and fuel conservation and is used to assist with the building process.

What U-Value Do I Need for Building Regulations?

For a new build, structural elements cannot go over a certain u-value.

  • For walls, this is 0.3 W/m2k.
  • For roofs, this is 0.15 W/m2k.
  • For windows, this is 1.6 W/m2k.

What Are the Approved Documents?

These are the plants which are sent by the joist manufacturer to buyers, engineers and architects for approval. These often contain framing plans, elevations and a material list.

What Is the Difference between Site Plan and Floor Plan?

Site plans detail the areas of a plot of land whereas a floor plan details the elements of a building up until the furthest edge of the property.


Do you require a SBEM Calculation?

If you would like to book an SBEM EPC with Energy Certs, please purchase a package above. At Energy Certs we cover the whole of London and all surrounding areas, and we also offer additional certificates which you can explore below. If anything is unclear to you, please do get in touch with us to learn more.



Contact Us


Terms & Conditions   |   Privacy Policy